Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is the first day of November and, more importantly, the first day of NaNoWriMo. I have an outline. I've changed it so radically that, twice, I simply began a new document rather than try and edit what I had. I believe it's been better with every version. I have the shiny new Scrivener Beta. I love it. I know it's a beta and it's crashed a few times and not everything is working yet. But it is wonderful for plotting. It has a nifty board for notecards that I can drag and drop into the proper place, adding ideas and research as I go. That act of looking at the cards and rearranging them gave me such clarity. My NaNo book is an old idea I've been kicking around for months, but it never felt right. Now, I've fixed the huge plot holes large enough to drive my minivan through and I at least have a plan come tomorrow morning.

In the spirit of NaNo and writing even if you aren't sure what you'll end up with, here's a post from the Deadline Dames on not being discouraged, even if what you wrote yesterday doesn't seem that great.

And for the times when even that seems hard to believe: something pretty and silly


Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment